Day trips and excursions from Fes:
Your tour from Fes can be only a one-day trip, to Chefchaouen or Meknes, or Ifran! Check these 3 tour options for details, we have varied excursions from Fes that you may want to conceder!
Option 1: Day trip to Meknes and Volubilis
This Excursion from Fes will take you deep into history by visiting Volubilis Roman ruins, one of the big archeological sites in Morocco. So this day trip will make you explore the site with a local guide, to discover its history and its streets and pillars. Overlooking this valley lies the holy city of Moulay Idriss with its white architecture and the beautiful main square that we are going to visit later on.
After Volubilis and Moulay Idriss We drive to one of the main imperial cities in Morocco; Meknes city, known for its massive walls and gates, We will drop a visit to some of its highlights such as Bab Mansour gate, Moulay Ismail mausoleum as well as Sejrij Swani water reservoir. later on, we drive back to Fes where we will drop you at your Hotel/riad
Day trip from Fes to Meknes highlights:
- Driving through the beautiful Meknes countryside
- Visiting the archeological site of Volubilis
- Enjoy the views of the green fields and hills
- Explore the imperial city of Meknes and its highlights
- Enjoy the breaks and walk around Volubilis and Meknes city.
Option 2: Day trip from Fes to Chefchaouen
By 8 am We start our excursion from Fes towards the blue city of Chefchaouen, known for its colored Medina with blue that attracts visitors from all over the world, this unique town in Morocco was established in 1741. Chefchaouen Has a special style in comparison with any mountainous town in Morocco.
The full-day trip from Fes to Chefchaouen will take us on a unique tour to see the Rif mountains, to enjoy the walk in the fully crafted alleys. Visit its kasbah with its amazing garden, a small Ethnographic Museum, and the main square of Outa El Hammam. Enjoy taking memory pictures throughout the day. later one we will drive back the same way enjoying the view with different lights towards your hotel in Fes.
Day trip from Fes to Chefchaouen Highlights:
- Cross of the Rif mountains
- Free time to walk around the Medina
- Visit of the Kasbah
- Enjoy the unique landscape of the countryside from Fes
Option 3: Day trip from Fes to Ifran and Azro Forest
This day trip from Fes will take us into the nature of the Middle Atlas mountains, across the Ville Nouvelle of Fes then Saiss plain and it’s a fertile land. After driving through the Oak forest we will be in Ifrane known also as Suizeland of Morocco, Due to its climate and Elevation, you easily can feel how similar the European town is. Today it’s more of a mountain resort, a provincial administrative center, and a college town Where we will stop for you to enjoy the charm of this unique Semi Alpes beauty. Later on, We continue towards the Cedar forest of Azro Where we may have a chance to see Barbary Apes; one of the native animals of the forest in The Atlas mountains, a break will be taken there to enjoy some pictures.
Highlights of the day excursion from Fes to Ifran:
- Crossing of the Ville nouvelle of Fes
- Free time to walk in Ifran town
- Discover the Barbary Apes in the Azro forest
- Visit the middle Atlas mountain and its beautiful countryside along the way
What’s included on the day trip from Fes:
- Private car with A/C
- English, Spanish, french-speaking driver
- Free walks on Every place we visit
- Breaks for coffee and photos
- pick up/drop off at your hotel
What’s not included on the day trip from Fes
- Entrance fees
For longer Morocco trips from Fes check:
- 10 days trip from Fes
- Fes to chefchaouen tour
- 3 days desert tour from Fes to Marrakech
- Tour of the lakes in Morocco
- 2 days tour from Fes to the Sahara desert